Saturday, February 18, 2006

Stitches

Well, we just had our first round of stitches and I'm hoping it's the last.
Dylan had swimming lessons this morning and I stayed back at home. Dave took him and told me to sleep in. I woke up to the phone ringing and Dave telling me Dylan had just slipped as they were walking out of the showers and cut his chin open - he needs stitches - and for me to get there right away. Dave had his hand on Dylan's shoulder to help stabilize him as they walked and he just couldn't catch him when Dylan slipped.
I popped out of bed and got over there ASAP. Then off to the ER.

Long story longer, he ended up with about 13 internal and 10 external stitches. After we got home he told us he has an owie in his mouth and we discovered he has a loose tooth. Now Dylan is napping and we're waiting to hear back from the dentist on whether or not we need to come in.

More updates later.

No comments: