Thursday, July 06, 2006

Shark Frickin' Tales

Why the title? Here is this morning's initial conversation:

"Good morning mommy! I watch Shark Tales tonight! Ok Mommy?!" All with a big grin and twinkling eyes. And before 6:30 a.m.

Shark Tales is a deceiving little picture. You see the previews and get a taste of a couple of funny lines and a snippet of car wash and you think, "Cool, this will be a kids and adults like it alike kind of movie. Like Shrek. I can deal with this."

WRONG

Shark Tales is beloved by children as it is full of brightly colored fish. As an adult, however, I find it utterly stupid. Do I still watch it? Yes. Why? Because he's cute and I love him.

2 comments:

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...

The love that we have for our children gets us through some of these "unbearable" cartoons. I think the ultimate one for us is "teletubbies".....I actually hid the movie that came with the doll that Milton for some reason bought for Emma for her 1st b-day. But recently with our purchase of Direct TV, teletubbies has found its way back in our home! Hopefully with some additional cartoon channels, we will be able to find cartoons that we all enjoy and can "bear" together. In the meatime, enjoy Shark Tales!! :)

Jenny :)