Thursday, August 31, 2006

A weekend away

D-

This last weekend your daddy and I left you with your babulya and deda for 3 nights. I must tell you child, I missed you terribly. I miss you differently than I missed you before. It used to be that I would worry and wonder if you were ok. I used to wonder if you were accepting the things I normally do for you from someone else, even though that someone else raised me and loves you to pieces.

I don't so much worry about that anymore. Now I miss my hugs, I miss my snuggles, I miss singing together, I miss talking to you. Having a conversation with the most interesting, hilarrious, little person on earth. You aren't just a babe anymore, my little Mr. D. You are a real person now. One with opinions, a lot of them, and thoughts and imagination and intellect and emotion and wonder and curiousity and and and. There are not enough words in the English language for me to possibly express how I feel about you and all the wonderful aspects of your personality.

You, child, are my heart, my soul, my everything. I sometimes wonder how I will possibly love another little soul like I love you. Then I think back to a time when I didn't have you. A time that is almost impossible to remember. I never knew I could love someone that way I love your daddy. Wholy, unconditionally. Then you were born and I found out what love really means. I know I will have the same wonderful wave of emotion someday when we have another little person to love. (before I get emails from friends, I am NOT pregnant)

So know, baby, that everytime we leave we will be back. I love you to pieces and without you I am no longer whole.

Also know, that as much as your daddy and I love being your parents, every now and then we need to get away. It's makes us better partners, better people and better parents.

I love you D!

No comments: