Monday, November 19, 2007

Gobble Gobble

We host Thanksgiving at our home every year. The number of attendee ranges from 13-18 and I make every drop of food on the table. Every year I add something to menu. A new side or salad. Change the way I prepare the turkey ever so slightly. This year, I've done none of this. This year I am making all my tried and true recipes.

Most years, I anticipate Thanksgiving and worry about getting everything on the table in time. This year, I really don't care. I'm not nervous,I'm not anxious. I'm rather ambivalent. This year, I just want to get it over with and move on.

1 comment:

The Slacker Mom said...

I'm glad I'm not alone. Usually I've been pulling recipes out of Gourmet for the past two months and this year I just DIDN'T BUY GOURMET! How many ways can I make cranberry sauce when my husband just wants it out of the can? The pies are new I guess. No one can complain about dessert, right?