Monday, November 12, 2007

Paradigm Shift

There's been a lot talk on this blog lately about being down or feeling guilty or being angry at the past or being unsure of myself. I'm done with it.

I'm done with being caught up in what is wrong or what is bad or sad or mad. I'm ready to focus on glad. I'm ready to start looking at the world through mildly pink tinted glasses. Let's not get too crazy; I'm definitely not ready for truly rose colored glasses. I'm ready to start taking some of the advice I've been doling out lately about creating your own happiness and taking control of your life. The advice about not letting outside sources control your happiness.

This week I will not allow work to get to me. I will not allow my self-perceived failures to cast a dark cloud over my actual successes. I will not allow stupid people to piss me off. I will not get depressed over my physique, the fact that new Digital SLR camera and a shopping spree at Banana Republic aren't in the budget or my house looking like, GASP!, children actually live there.

This week I will be happy. Or at least fake it so damn well that I fool even myself.

No comments: